Biological Safety Cabinet (TYPE B-2)
- 100 % air exhaust
- Negative pressure air surrounding all biological contaminated parts
- Class II, Type B2 cabinets are total exhaust cabinets, widely used in toxicology laboratories and similar applications where chemical effluent is present and clean air is essential.
- There is no recirculation withing the work area.
- Room air enters through a blower/motor in the top of the cabinet and passes through a HEPA supply filter into the work area as the vertical unidirectional airflow.
- Descending air is pulled through the base of the cabinet through the perforated front and rear grilles.
- Simultaneously, air entering through the perforated front opening is pulled through the grille and exhausted immediately,
- 100% of the air is pulled into the facility exhaust system for appropriate treatment.
- Type B2 cabinet are hard-connected to an exhaust system.
- Negative pressure surrounds the work area with double wall plenums for protection.
- Air drawn through pre-filter is made to pass through highly effective HEPA (High Efficiency Particular Air) filters MAIN/SUPPLY FILTER having efficiency rating as high as 99.99% with cold DOP and 99.97% with hot DOP, thus retaining all air-borne particles of size 0.3 micron and larger. The highly efficient HEPA filter maintains the optimum cleanliness and purity. Being equipped with the prefilter, it can extend the life of HEPA filter.
- Aerodynamic airflow grills maintain safety and prevents blockage.
- U.V and fluorescent interlock available
- Ergonomic and comfortable sloped front window for comfortable head and elbow rest position, thus reducing fatigue
- Sash is counterbalanced for smooth and light weight operation with standard opening for easier access to work zone and enhanced user safety.
- CLASS-II design ensures PERSONNEL, PRODUCT and ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION.